C# .Net Namespaces
Namespace is logically group’s classes. Namespace can span in multiple assemblies.
Namespaces and its usage:
System is the basic namespace for .Net Framework. It is having the following Namespaces
- Collections: The .NET Framework provides specialized classes for data storage and retrieval. These classes provide support for stacks, queues, lists, and hash tables.
- ComponentModel: The ComponentModel namespace provides classes that are used to implement the run-time and design-time behavior of components and controls. This namespace includes the base classes and interfaces for implementing attributes and type converters, binding to data sources, and licensing components.
- Configuration: The Configuration namespace contains the types that provide the programming model for handling configuration data.
- Data: The Data namespace provides access to classes that represent the ADO.NET architecture. ADO.NET lets you build components that efficiently manage data from multiple data sources.
- Diagnostics: It Contains classes that enable you to debug and follow the execution of your applications.
- DirectoryServices: It Provides access to Active Directory services. Drawing Contains classes that enable you to use basic, graphical display interface (GDI) capabilities.
- EnterpriseServices: This Namespace Contains objects that enable you to control how components behave on a server.
- Globalization: This Namespace Contains classes that define culture-related information.
- IO: This Namespace Contains classes that enable you to read and write to data streams and files.
- Media: The Media namespace contains classes for playing sound files and accessing sounds provided by the system.
- Net: This Namespace Provides classes to work with network protocols.
- Reflection: This Namespace Contains classes that enable you to view information about other types in the .NET Framework.
- Resources: This Namespace Contains classes that enable you to manage culture specific resources.
- Runtime: This Namespace contains advanced types that support diverse namespaces.
- Security: The Security namespace provides the underlying structure of the common language runtime security system, including base classes for permissions.
- Text: The Text namespace contains classes representing ASCII, Unicode, UTF-7, and UTF-8 character encodings; abstract base classes for converting blocks of characters to and from blocks of bytes; and a helper class that manipulates and formats String objects without creating intermediate instances of String.
- Threading: This Namespace Contains classes that enable multi-threaded programming.
- Timers: This Namespace Contains classes to raise events on specified time intervals.
- XML: This Namespace contains the classes to work with XML file.